Juliann Karenko - The Karenko Law Firm PLLC

DUE TO COVID-19, We Are Available by Telephone and Video Conferencing

DUE TO COVID-19, We Are Available by Telephone and Video Conferencing

High-level service and attentive representation

Design divider line

What Is Contested Divorce?

Disagreements In The Divorce Process

In a contested divorce, one or both spouses have disagreements about how to resolve issues such as property divisionalimony/spousal supportchild custodychild support and visitation. The court is then obligated to make whatever final decisions are necessary to arrive at a settlement. In some situations, a marital partner may not even want the divorce, which can make any effort to work out agreements extremely difficult.

If your divorce is contested, I can provide legal representation at your hearing. Having a competent lawyer by your side during contested divorce proceedings can help you achieve the best possible outcome to your case.

Resolving Contested Divorce Issues

Contested divorces are typically resolved in court by a judge who will review the divorce petition to determine if the divorce will be granted.

The court will also look at various factors when making decisions about asset distribution, support and custody, including:

  • The type and value of your marital property
  • A spouse’s interest in a particular asset
  • Each spouses age and health
  • How long the marriage lasted
  • Each spouses financial resources
  • The income and future earning potential of each spouse
  • The ability of an unemployed spouse to find a job and generate income
  • The contributions made by each spouse to the marriage
  • Which parent will have primary child custody responsibilities

I am attorney Karenko, and I have been helping clients with contested divorces for over two decades. I know the emotional trauma and stress that can occur with a contested divorce and will provide professional and caring assistance to help you through the divorce process.

You can rely on my firm for capable legal counsel and dedicated representation both in and out of court. Contact my firm using the online form or call 409-515-7063 today!